Did you know migraines cost over $50 billion in lost wages and medical expenses each year?
A few triggers to migraines are:
- Certain kinds of food, including red wine, cheese, chocolate, coffee, tea, and MSG.
- Hormonal shifts
Other types of head pain include:
1) Cluster headaches: These are extremely painful headaches that occur in clusters of time that can last weeks or even months, then are followed by a period in which there are no headaches. These effect more men and are more rare.
2) Sinus headaches: Like the others they can be caused by too much fluid in the skull, especially in the hollow cavities between bones.
Some things you can do to help get relief are:
1) Lay in a dark quiet room
2) Place an ice pack on the head to help decrease extra fluid while also placing a heat pack lower on the body, such as the base of the spine or the feet, to help draw the fluid out of the head.
4) Receive regular massage, CranioSacral, or homeopathy treatments. By keeping the muscles loose that surround the bones and the blood vessels in the neck and head, these treatments have been proven to reduce the severity and regularity of headaches.
A study done at the University of Grenada has shown that “the physiological and psychological state of patients with tension headaches improves within 24 hours of receiving a 30-minute massage” (ScienceDaily, July 11, 2010). What does that mean? It means that you have better mind and body function. Don’t suffer any longer. Call today and find out what service may be best for your headache relief.
Because at Body Healing Power, we help your body heal itself naturally.